9 Surprising and Creative uses for Metal Carports
By Carport Charlie | Posted In: Carports
Steel carports are a smart, economical way to protect your vehicles from the elements and provide additional storage for outdoor items, but with so many practical uses, why stop there? Here are a list of surprising, creative uses for metal carports.
- Entertaining outdoors—Say goodbye to rained out deck parties and family events. With the shelter of a metal carport, you can entertain with confidence no matter what Mother Nature throws at you. And with a variety of metal carport designs available, you can choose one that complements your home.
- Shelter for animals—As anyone here in the Tar Heel State will tell you, metal carports in NC and across the South are a great sanctuary for livestock and other animals when they need to beat the harsh summer heat. With a variety of steel carport plans to choose from, you can save money on the cost of a barn by customizing a metal structure that fits your needs and budget.
- Agricultural storage—Metal carports can be customized for storing large pieces of equipment, straw or hay bales and animal feed, or just about any other farm application you can think of.
- Utility storage—Have you outgrown your garage or home? With a carport, you have a great place to stash household items, ATVs, lawn tractors, and other equipment so it isn’t left out in the elements. Have it installed next to your garage or house or as a stand-alone.
- Deck and patio canopies—Create a permanent “staycation” in your own backyard with a custom metal structure to shelter your deck, patio, hot tub or pool from excessive heat, UV rays, and precipitation. You can even customize your carport by adding sides for extra protection or privacy.
- Free standing pavilions—Metal carports can provide businesses with a great outdoor feature for sheltered picnics, employee break areas, “tent sales,” and more. Unlike traditional wood pavilions, steel carports can withstand the elements without rotting, splintering, or deteriorating, making them the ideal choice for a low maintenance structure with endless uses.
- Park shade shelters—Cities and park systems can give sports fans and park goers a break from the hot sun or that sudden thunderstorm with shade pavilions next to baseball diamonds and soccer fields. With metal carport structures customized to blend in with the great outdoors, you can create an aesthetically pleasing, hassle-free oasis for nature lovers. These shelters can also be rented out for parties and other functions, giving you more opportunity to increase revenue and encourage residents to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Greenhouses—Love to garden? Some carport owners with green thumbs have transformed their carports into greenhouses to protect plants and extend the growing season. A carport frame is the perfect foundation for a sturdy greenhouse.
- Create a green energy source—Use your new or existing carport or custom metal building to create a renewable energy source by installing solar panels to the roof, which is a great way to care for the environment and save on your electric bills at the same time.
When considering metal carport designs, it is important to note that carports are more than a frame and a roof. You have a wide variety of options to choose from, including roof style, carport type, width, height, and color. You can also choose sides and ends you would like closed, entry options, window options, and more.
To see all the metal carport options available through Carport Central, check out our carports page. We offer free delivery and installation, and our products are backed by a one-year workmanship warranty, a 10-year panel warranty, and a 20-year rust through warranty on our 12- and 14-gauge frames.
Our knowledgeable customer service representatives are ready to help you find the perfect carport or custom metal building to fit your needs. Give us a call at (980) 321-9898 with any questions or to find the ideal structure for your needs and budget.