How to choose the best RV Carport for your recreational vehicle
By Carport Charlie | Posted In: RV Covers
Recreational vehicles are an ideal vacationing option for many families. Year after year, they give you the freedom to vacation almost anywhere you please while cutting down on costly hotel and dining bills. To protect your investment and keep maintenance costs down, it is important to protect your RV from the elements with a high-quality metal RV carport cover.
So how do you choose the one that works best for your needs and budget? Here are some considerations to help you find the best RV carports to protect your traveling companion:
- What will the primary use of your RV carport be? Are you sheltering your recreational vehicle from the elements, or are you looking for more security? Also, consider whether you would like to house one RV or two under your carport cover.
- Where do you plan on installing your metal RV carport? How big is the area? You will need to have enough level space for the carport cover itself as well as room for the installation team to access and install it. You will want to choose a style and size that fits the space you have to work with.
- Do local building regulations in your geographic area require certification for metal carports? Some areas require certification for your new structure to ensure that it can handle a specified amount of wind and snow without being compromised. Your RV cover installation company will need to know this before the installation takes place.
- What is the weather like in your area? Do you live in a location with milder weather or one that is prone to sideways blowing rain and snow? Depending on your answer to these questions, you will want to carefully consider the type of roof you would like on your custom carport as well as whether or not you would like your RV carport plans to include partially or fully enclosed sides or ends.
- What are your style preferences? Would you like an A-frame, regular, or vertical roof style? What color would you like your motorhome carport to be? What type of custom RV carport would you prefer—agricultural cover, RV cover, or standard? What width and height will you need to adequately shelter your vehicle(s)? Would you like to include a lean-to in your custom metal carport design? Will you be building onto or expanding your carport later on? Would you prefer 12- or 14-gauge steel?
These are just some of the basic questions you will want to answer before choosing the best metal RV carport for your needs and wallet. If you are not sure what you are looking for, check out our RV Carport/Cover buying guide for all of your customization options or contact our friendly, knowledgeable customer service representatives and they will be happy to review all of your options with you.
As an industry leader in RV and motorhome carports, Carport Central’s steel RV carports are backed by a one year workmanship warranty, a 10-year panel warranty for chipping/cracking, and a 20-year warranty against rust for the frame on both the 12-gauge or 14-gauge steel frames. The prices listed for our carport covers include free installation and delivery, but you can also order one our customized RV carport kits and pick it up at one of our many locations across the country to receive an additional discount.