Steel carports are a smart, economical way to protect your vehicles from the elements and provide additional storage for outdoor items… but with so many possibilities, why stop there? Here is a list of surprising, creative uses for metal carports:
- Entertaining outdoors—With the shelter of a metal carport, you can entertain friends and family with confidence, no matter what Mother Nature throws at you. With the variety of metal carport designs available, you can even choose one that complements your home!
- Shelter for animals—Barns have always been a great place for animals and livestock to escape the harsh summer heat, but with a variety of steel carport plans to choose from, you can save money on the cost of a barn by customizing a metal structure that fits your needs and budget.
- Agricultural storage—Metal carports can be customized to fit all your needs, whether you need to store large pieces of equipment, straw or hay bales, animal feed, or just about any other farm application you can think of.
- Utility storage—Have you outgrown your garage or home? With a carport, you have a great place to stash household items, lawn tractors and other equipment so it isn’t left out in the elements. Have it installed next to your garage or house or as a stand-alone!
- Deck and patio canopies—Create a permanent “staycation” in your own backyard with a custom metal structure to shelter your deck, patio, or pool from excessive heat, and precipitation. You can even customize your carport by adding sides for extra protection or privacy.
- Free-standing pavilions—Metal carports can provide businesses with a great outdoor feature for sheltered picnics, employee break areas, and much more. Unlike traditional wood pavilions, steel carports can withstand the elements without rotting, or deteriorating, making them the ideal choice for a low-maintenance structure with endless uses.
- Park shade shelters—Sports fans and park goers can finally have a break from the hot sun or that sudden thunderstorm with shade pavilions next to baseball diamonds and soccer fields. With metal carport structures customized to blend in with the great outdoors, you can create an aesthetically pleasing, hassle-free oasis for nature lovers.
- Greenhouses—Love to garden? Some carport owners with green thumbs have transformed their building into a greenhouse to protect their plants and extend their growing season.
- Create a green energy source—Use your new or existing carport or custom metal building to create a renewable energy source by installing solar panels on the roof. This is a great way to care for the environment and save on your electric bills at the same time!
When considering metal carport designs, it is important to note that carports are more than just a frame and a roof. You have a wide variety of options to choose from, including roof style, carport type, width, height and color! You can also choose which side and end features you would like, entry options, window options, and so much more.
To see all the metal carport options available through Carport Central, check out our carports page. We offer FREE delivery and installation, and our products are backed by a one-year workmanship warranty, a 10-year panel warranty, and a 20-year rust-through warranty on our 12- and 14-gauge frames.
Our friendly and knowledgeable building specialists are ready to help you with any questions you may have, give us a call at (980) 321-9898 to find the ideal structure for your needs AND your budget!