Recreational vehicles are an ideal vacationing option for many families. They give you the freedom to vacation almost anywhere you please while cutting down on costly hotel and dining bills. To protect your investment and keep maintenance costs down, it is important to protect your RV from the elements with a high-quality metal RV carport cover.
So how do you choose the one that works best for your needs and budget? Here are some considerations to help you find the best RV carport to protect your traveling companion:
- What will the primary use of your RV carport be? Are you simply sheltering your recreational vehicle from the elements, or are you looking for more security? Another consideration should be whether you need to house more than one RV.
- Where do you plan on installing your metal RV carport? How big is the area? You will need to have enough level space for the carport cover itself, as well as room for the installation team to access and install it. You will want to choose a style and size that fits the space you have to work with.
- Do local building regulations in your geographic area require certification for metal carports? Some areas require certification for your new structure to ensure that it can handle a specified amount of wind and snow without being compromised. Carport Central will need to know this before the installation takes place.
- What is the weather like in your area? Do you live in a location with milder weather or one that is prone to sideways blowing rain and snow? Depending on your answer to this question, you will want to carefully consider the type of roof you would like on your custom carport, as well as if you would like your RV carport plans to include partially or fully enclosed sides or ends.
- What are your style preferences? Would you like an A-frame, regular, or vertical roof style? What color would you like your motorhome carport to be? What type of custom RV carport would you prefer—agricultural cover, RV cover, or standard? What width and height will you need to adequately shelter your vehicle(s)? Would you like to include a lean-to in your custom metal carport design? Will you be building onto or expanding your carport later on? Would you prefer 12- or 14-gauge steel? There are quite a few customization options to consider when choosing your custom RV carport.
As an industry leader in RV and motorhome carports, Carport Central’s steel RV carports are backed by a one-year workmanship warranty, a 10-year panel warranty for chipping/cracking, and a 20-year warranty against rust for the frame on both 12-gauge and 14-gauge steel frames. The prices listed for our carport covers include installation and delivery! you also have the option to order one of our customized RV carport kits and pick it up yourself at one of our many locations across the country to receive an additional discount.
If you are not sure what you are looking for, check out our RV Carport/Cover buying guide to explore all our great customization options, or you can directly contact one of our friendly, knowledgeable building specialists who will be more than happy to review your options with you.