Side Entry Garages and Buildings have roll-up garage doors placed at the “length” side of the buildings. With the help of this, you can utilize the more extended space for the parking of multiple cars.
Is the most cost-effective range of garage buildings available in many varieties & color options.
Side-Entry Garage Features
- Roof Style – We offer three roof styles at Carport Central; regular, A-frame (boxed-eave), and vertical for all the side entry garages
- Garage Doors – Depending on the size of your side entry structure and your needs, we provide garage doors and roll-up doors which can be customized to different sizes.
- Frame-outs – You can also have a framed opening in your side entry garage which can be customized to your desired size.
- Header bars – Header bars are installed on side-entry garages when a leg is removed from a side wall. They provide additional strength to the structure by supporting the truss system and roof.
- Base-rails – Base-rails, which can be single or double, are what the legs rest on. They are also essential for anchoring system, as the anchors are drilled through the base-rails to keep the unit grounded.
- Color – Along with our 18 color options (depending on your location), we also provide our two-tone (wainscot) option in our side entry garage buildings range.
- Warranty – We back all our products with warranties – one-year workmanship, ten-year panel for cracking and chipping, and ten-year rust-through for 12- and 14- GA framing.
- FREE delivery and installation!
Side-Entry Garage Benefits
A key advantage that side-entry garages have over standard entry-way garages is their convenience. For a property owner with multiple vehicles, garage doors being placed on the side walls helps you take full advantage of the garage’s layout. It also increases your usable interior space, which can help you accommodate your fishing or hunting gear, gardening tools, Christmas decorations, and anything else you may need to store! Side-entry garages are also cost-effective; enclosing wider ends of a building can be costlier compared to enclosing side walls. To keep from using your main garage door over and over when accessing stored goods, you can install a standard (36”x80”) walk-in door on an end wall.
Things to Consider When Purchasing a Garage
- Finding the perfect site to have your garage unit installed is a crucial step to the process. You need to check with your local municipality to see if building codes require you to have a building permit. Once this is complete, your site MUST be leveled. If an installation crew arrives and your site is not level, you will be required to reschedule, and possible fees may be added to the cost as a result.
- Make it personal; we want you to love every detail of your metal garage! You can customize the look and functionality of your garage; find a style that suits your personality. If you want some natural light, we can install our standard (30”x30”) windows or another option (size may vary by location). Choose among our 18 color options (also dependent on location) at no extra cost!
- Depending on your location and the weather there, you may need to certify your side entry garage. A certified side entry garage is designed by an engineer to meet local wind and snow ratings. Due to building codes, some areas require that you have your side entry garage certified. On the other hand, some areas do not have to worry about wind or snow loads; therefore, they do not require any certifications. Speak with your local ordinances for more information on this topic. Make sure to inform your building specialist on any codes, requirements, and certifications.
- Fully-enclosed metal buildings can better protect any items stored inside open-air buildings. Our panels, which are 3’ wide, are offered in a variety of lengths and can be installed vertically or horizontally. Do you need the garage but don’t want it fully-enclosed? No problem! Just contact one of our building specialists if you wish to explore other partial enclosure options.
Traditional Garages vs. Prefab Steel Garages
A common question people ask is, “What makes steel garages better than traditional wooden garages?” Steel garages are superior for many reasons.
- Durable – Unlike wooden structures, steel buildings are not susceptible to leaks, rotting, or critter infestations. They can also better withstand weather elements and everyday wear and tear.
- Low-Maintenance – Metal is much easier to clean and requires little to no maintenance. And since the color is infused into the metal, you won’t need to worry about your paint fading or peeling over time.
- Customizations – With such flexibility of use, you can design your very own steel building suited to all your needs and budget. From a full palette of color options to choose from (at no extra cost), to choosing your dimensions and roof style, you can design everything to your exact specifications.
Side Entry Garage Roof Styles
A good place to start when designing your custom steel building is the roof style. There are three designs to choose from; regular (good), A-frame horizontal (better), and vertical (best).
Our regular roof is the most economical choice we offer. Due to horizontal roof panels, it is recommended that you only choose this roof style if your area has moderate weather conditions. This roof does have a rounded side and is much easier to install.
A-Frame Horizontal Roof
Also known as a boxed-eave roof, this design is a common choice among customers. Though similar to the vertical roof style, its paneling is installed horizontally rather than vertically. Due to the horizontal orientation, it does not require ridge caps or a hat channel. If you live in an area that experiences moderate weather conditions, we recommend this roof style.
The vertical roof is our most rugged, top-selling option available. It is highly-recommended in areas that experience more extreme weather such as heavy rain or snow. The vertical roof resembles an A-Frame roof, but the panels are vertical rather than horizontal. The orientation of the paneling is the best option for channeling any precipitation or other debris off the roof and away from the structure.
Why Buy from Carport Central?
At Carport Central, our side-entry garages have been used to accommodate everything from vehicles to lawn mowers to fishing gear and agricultural equipment. What makes us different from everyone else in the industry is our compassion for the customer and our drive to provide an excellent product through an excellent customer experience. We want our customers to find the perfect solution to all their needs, help them make it their very own, and to know that we are here for them every step of the way. Our customers aren’t just a way for us to make a profit, they are family. Let us help you design your very own custom structure! Just give us a call today at (980) 321-9898 to get started.