October 12 is National Farmer’s Day, and it was established as a day to honor America’s hardworking farmers, past and present. If you’re not a farmer yourself, chances are pretty good that National Farmer’s Day doesn’t currently show up on your family’s holiday calendar – but maybe it should. While it may never be as popular as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, or Halloween, National Farmer’s Day is still a day worth celebrating.
Why? Well, you like eating, don’t you? While only 2% of the American population can be considered as “professional” farmers, those 2% effectively feed and sustain the other 98% of us. See why National Farmer’s Day really is a big deal?
To that end, there’s no state where farming is a bigger deal than in Texas. They say that everything’s bigger in Texas, and that definitely includes the agriculture industry, too. It makes sense when you think about it – Texas is the 2nd largest state in terms of land area (behind only Alaska), and it’s also the 2nd most populous (behind only California).
You probably know that Texas tops the charts in oil production, but Texas is also a leader in cattle & calves, dairy, and cotton. Other key Texas farm commodities include chickens, eggs, corn, wheat, rice, peanuts, sorghum, hay, and timber. There are more farms and ranches in Texas than in any other state, and the vast majority of those are family farms or family-held corporations.
What makes a steel farm building better? Pretty much everything you can think of! For starters, you don’t have the same moisture concerns that come along with a barn, shed, or agricultural building made with wood. Steel simply doesn’t rot like wood, and it offers much more reliable protection from storms, weather extremes, lightning, even earthquakes. Termites aren’t attracted to steel as a food source, either. In fact, you really shouldn’t have any worries with termites, insects, rodents, or any other pests – none of these critters are able to put a dent in a steel building. You’ll have fewer fire concerns, too, since steel is naturally non-combustible.
There are other advantages that come with choosing a metal agriculture building, too. Steel is a much more flexible and versatile construction material than wood or other materials. You can expand or adapt a steel structure more easily as your needs continue to grow, evolve, and change. And maintaining a steel farm building is much easier than maintaining a wooden structure, too. Do you really want to have to fool with a wooden barn or building that needs repainting or restaining every few years? Steel buildings don’t require regular refinishing, and cleaning a metal farm building is much easier, too. In most cases, all you have to do is hose your structure out and hose it off, and you’re good! And for that occasional deeper cleaning, a pressure washer does the job nicely.
In order to keep their homes, farms, ranches, and businesses running smoothly, more and more Texans are finding that a sturdy steel building is really one of the best investments they can make. At Carport Central, just a few of the ways we’ve seen customers and clients make use of their Texas custom metal buildings include the following:
Are you a Texan homeowner, farmer, or agricultural business leader in need of a rugged & reliable metal structure? Look no further than Carport Central! We’re happy to source the best steel buildings and shelters in the great state of Texas! Each of our metal buildings is produced by a local manufacturer, and we’re proud to support American steel jobs. We also provide you with an almost endless variety of customization options as well, so you can get the exact metal building you want & need for your particular situation. If you can think it or dream it, we can help you to make it happen in a metal building! Here are a few things which set Carport Central apart:
Carport Central is about much more than simply selling you a metal building; we’re really about Providing Shelter For Your Way Of Life. Reach out to us online, or simply give us a call at (980) 321-9898, and let one of our friendly building specialists show you the Carport Central difference! And in honor of National Farmer’s Day, we also encourage you to let a local farmer know how much you appreciate them!
It's fast and easy. Get your instant quote today!