The Contents of Your Garage Kit
Here at Carport Central, all of our metal buildings are fully customizable – including our precision-fabricated metal garage kits. It’s our job to make your life easier and simpler. That’s why we provide you with all of the materials you’ll need to bring your dream custom metal garage to life. Your steel garage kit from Carport Central will include:
- Steel framing members and supports
- Roofing panels
- Your desired wall paneling
- All needed fastening hardware
- All needed building anchors
- Any extra customization features you choose when placing your order (like doors, windows, etc.)
Benefits of a Metal Garage Kit
Why choose a metal garage kit instead of a garage that we install for you? There are several reasons! You should start by knowing that no matter what type of structure you purchase from us, all of our buildings at Carport Central are crafted with the highest quality steel available, and they’re all manufactured right here in America. Each and every metal structure we offer is built to last. Your steel garage will stand strong against the tests of the elements, and it will reliably keep your vehicles and belongings both safe and secure. There are more benefits when it comes to choosing a steel building kit, too:
- It will cost less!
- You’ll get a discounted price by going with a steel building kit over a standard install.
- The installation happens on your own schedule!
- Instead of having to set up a future installation date based upon the availability of our install crews, you can make your own installation schedule for putting up your custom metal building kit. You can start whenever you want, on whatever day or time that works best for you.
- You can show off your DIY skills!
- Our custom metal building kits come with everything you need to make the process as simple and as painless as possible, but you’ll still be able to say that you put it up yourself!
A Garage for Any Need, in Any Location
We have three different garage types to choose from at Carport Central, based upon the roof option you select. The three types are: the Regular Roof Garage, the A-Frame Horizontal Roof Garage, and the Vertical Roof Garage.
The Regular Roof Garage
The Regular Roof Garage has a roof with curved edges, with a look akin to some traditional barns. If you’re looking for some old-world charm, this could be the way to go. This roof has horizontal paneling, and it is the most budget-friendly of our garage roof options. If you live in an area that usually isn’t threatened by extreme weather, this is the garage for you. However, this option may not be best for areas that experience more severe weather conditions.
The A-Frame Horizontal Roof Garage
This garage roof is seen by some to be the best of both worlds. It includes horizontal paneling like a regular roof, but the design is peaked instead of curved. This makes it a better choice for areas that experience some occasional heavier precipitation or higher winds. This garage roof comes at a middle price point, and does a good job of matching the aesthetics of many typical home roofs.
The Vertical Roof Garage
This is really our best garage roof option, for several reasons. First, it’s best equipped for handling heavy precipitation and severe weather. It’s built upon an A-frame design, but also comes with additional bracing for better reinforcement. The vertical roof also features vertical paneling, which allows both precipitation and debris to flow off the roof with greater ease. And like other A-frame roof styles, this garage roof will complement the look of your home beautifully. A vertical roof is a necessity if you choose a larger garage or other metal structure. Any building longer than 36’ is required to have a vertical roof, in order to provide the structural support it needs.
Making Your Garage Kit Yours
At Carport Central, our priority is helping you to bring your dream metal garage to life. How do we do this? By giving you plenty of options for functionality and personalization! Almost every aspect of your metal building is completely customizable, to ensure that your building meets all of your needs, as well as your preferences.
What can you customize?
- Building style and dimensions
- The color of the roof, walls, and trim
- Roof style
- Door types and locations, as well as the ability to add windows
- Steel framing and paneling gauges
- Certification options for minimum wind and snow loads
- You choose your preferred installation surface, too (just note that Carport Central doesn’t provide any paving or groundwork)
Should Your Building be Certified?
Another question you’ll need to ask yourself when designing your metal garage kit is whether or not you need your building to be certified. Certified buildings are professionally engineered to withstand designated wind and snow loads. Certification is actually a requirement in many local municipalities and areas. But even if certification isn’t required in your particular location, we always recommend you to consider having your building certified, for the extra sense of security it provides.
The Permit Process
Before you make life better by installing your own prefab metal garage kit from Carport Central, you’ll need to make sure you have everything you need in hand for smooth sailing. Some people fail to consider that permits are often required for metal building installation in many areas across the country.
So, what do you need to do?
- Check with your local zoning and planning commission. That’s the best place to start to learn about permit requirements.
- They may have some specific wind or snow load requirements, as well as some possible size limitations.
- If you’re located outside of a managed community, you won’t have to worry about it, but some HOAs have specific guidelines for all metal buildings installed in their area. These guidelines may involve the size, style, look, and permissible locations for installation.
- First, we offer a 20-year warranty against rust for the steel framing. We promise that your structure is engineered to last a lifetime.
- We also offer a 10-year warranty against chipping and cracking for metal paneling. As long as you provide some basic cleaning and maintenance from time to time, your steel garage should continue to look as good as new.
Remember, it’s always better to be safe now, rather than sorry later. By doing your homework ahead of time, you should be able to prevent any potential problems regarding building regulations, limitations, or other red tape issues.
What Are Your Safety Nets?
Even though we won’t be installing your new steel garage if you opt for a steel garage kit, you’ll still get the security nets provided by our building warranties. We offer two exceptional warranties that help to take the weight of “what if” off of your shoulders.
The Best Garages Come From the Best Provider, and the Best Provider is Carport Central!
Carport Central is the premier online provider of metal building kits in the U.S., and that includes our custom metal garage kits, too! All of our steel buildings are made from the highest quality materials, and each is really built to last. Got something specific in mind where your building is concerned? Our knowledgeable team of building specialists is on standby to help make your dream metal garage happen! What are you waiting for? Call us today at (980-321-9898), and experience the Carport Central difference for yourself!