What’s in My Kit?
At Carport Central, all of the metal buildings we provide are fully customizable, and that extends to our metal carport kits, too. It’s our job to make your life easier. That’s why we provide you with all of the materials you’ll need to bring your dream steel carport to life. Your custom steel carport kit from Carport Central will include:
- Steel framing members and supports
- Roofing panels
- Your desired wall paneling
- All needed fastening hardware
- All needed building anchors
- Any extra customization features you select (like gables, trim pieces, etc.)
Why is a Kit Better than an Installed Carport?
Why choose a metal carport kit over a carport that we install for you? There are plenty of reasons! But first, you should know that no matter what structure you purchase from us, all of our buildings at Carport Central are crafted with the highest quality steel available, and they’re all manufactured right here in America. Every structure we offer is built to last. Your steel structure will stand strong against the elements and will keep your belongings safe and secure. Here are some other specific benefits that come along with choosing a steel carport kit:
- It will cost less!
- You get a discount for doing it yourself.
- The installation happens on your time!
- Instead of having to set up a future installation date that’s based upon the availability of our installation crews, you can make your own installation schedule with a custom metal building kit. You decide your own building installation schedule, on the day and time that works best for you.
- You get to show off your DIY skills!
- Our custom metal building kits come with everything you need to make the process as simple and as painless as possible, but you’ll still be able to say that you did it yourself!
These Kits Provide Applications Beyond Mere Carports
Metal carports can solve a world of problems—you won’t have to worry about your vehicles being damaged by weather or debris any longer. That sense of security is an amazing feeling, but our metal carports can deliver more than just security for your vehicles. These sturdy steel carport kits are really blank canvases for your imagination.
Here are some of the ways we’ve seen our customers use their custom carport kits. How else could you use your custom carport?
- Shelter for kids’ play areas
- Lawn equipment storage
- Agricultural storage
- Shelter for animals
- Poolside cabanas
- Spaces for home businesses
- And so much more!
Making Your Building Kit Really Yours
Here at Carport Central, it’s our goal to make sure you get the custom prefab metal carport of your dreams. That’s why we offer such a wide variety of customization options! Our steel building kits are just as customizable as our regularly installed carports. You basically get to decide every aspect of your new building; it’s just one more way that we ensure you’re getting the perfect structure for you.
- Building dimensions (you choose your own custom width, length, and height)
- Roof style (you get to choose from regular roofs, A-frame horizontal roofs, and vertical roofs)
- Paneling options (open-air, fully enclosed, or partially enclosed)
- Steel framing and paneling gauges
- Type and placement of doors and/or frame outs
- Type and placement of windows
- Plenty of color options for your roof, side paneling, and trim
- Certification options for minimum wind and snow loads
- You get to choose your preferred installation surface, too (just note that Carport Central doesn’t provide any paving or groundwork)
What to Know Before Installation
Before you install your new metal carport, it’s important to understand what steps you’ll need to take in order to make it happen. The good news is that there are a few things that won’t apply to you if you’re installing yourself. For example, you won’t have to worry about our trucks being able to get within easy distance of your installation site. However, you do still need to ensure that you have adequate room to work with.
Here are some steps to remember:
- Clear the installation area of any vegetation and debris.
- Prepare your desired foundation.
- Make sure you let us know what kind of foundation you plan to use so we can include the right anchors.
- No matter what foundation you choose, your installation site must be level before you get started.
Even though we won’t be conducting your new metal carport installation, you’ll still get the security net provided by our warranties. We offer two exceptional product warranties that will help to take the weight of “what if” off of your shoulders.
- First, we offer a 20-year warranty against rust for the steel framing. We promise that your structure will last a lifetime.
- We also offer a 10-year warranty against chipping and cracking for metal paneling. As long as you provide some basic cleaning and maintenance from time to time, your steel carport will continue to look as good as new.
A Carport Kit From Carport Central is Really the Way to Go!
Carport Central is the premier online provider of metal building kits in the United States, and that extends to custom metal carport kits, too! All of our steel buildings are made from the highest quality materials, and each is designed to last you a lifetime. If you’ve got something specific in mind in terms of a particular style of the metal structure, nobody can serve you better than our team. Our building specialists are always standing by to help, and we’ll work hard to ensure that you get EXACTLY what you want in your dream metal building. Why wait? You can connect with us online, or you can just pick up the phone and give us a call now at (980-321-9898). Experience the Carport Central difference for yourself!